Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Game of thrones...

You can't see it, but I've been making some progress on the inside-the-house  jobs, the laundry, toilet and corridor are now painted, and I know just about everything I need to know about changing a toilet suite (discovered what P-trap and S-traps are, bottom inlets versus top ones, couple, semi-couple and twin system... even got the Bunnings(=Casto) man stuck on one question. Yay me!). Found a model that looks like my one (but  not in salmon pink), but I would like to secure a plumber/handyman in order to install it (good luck with that). The water damaged vinyl (=lino) has not been changed yet, so it's a good time to upgrade the throne, since it's gonna wreck it.
The price range for throne is quite amazing.
Still got to fix a couple of squirting (=plinthes), that also were water damaged that I got out to replace and "Operation indoor wetland" will be over.

Been putting some veggies in the garden and clearing some bushes. Got artichokes to get the Hobbit garden look... Next-door apple tree blossoms are large and fragrant, nice to come home in the evening. Did some weeding. This is going to take a few week ends....

Spent this week-end in the cupboards to paint them white. Just got a couple of doors to run through and will be able to pause. The next big painting job is the living room :-).
I've also made shelves for Mano's cupboard and replaced his curtains rack. Love the drill (=perceuse).

Word of the day is (neo-French): "arrachitures", which is when you rip of some skin on minor wound. What's left on your skin are the "arrachitures".

And yesterday, after a long day or renovating, I watched this.
(Mano and I are so going to surf the web further...)




2 comments:

  1. on voit bien le probleme du "throne" vu qu'à notre inondation (3 jours avant l'emmenagement) nos wc refoulaient par la base en ruisselant sous le bac à douche et par la porte de la cave! Mais nous avions The plombier de la mort qui nous a tout refait: tuyauterie, douche entière, remplacement du "vieux trône" non réglementaire et raccord des eaux usées de la maison aux égoûts! ça nous a coûté un bras mais il a fait ça tip-top en réduisant sa marge à peau de chagrin tellement il aimait pouvoir faire un "chantier général" . Je salue ton courage, ta persévérance et ta bonne humeur inattendue aprèstant d'emm. bonne chance pour ton trône, fait surtout attention à avoir l'évacuation la moins coudée (pentue) et pas rétrécie sinon y arisque de refoulement; on reste à ta dispo pour+ de renseignement par mail;
    maintenant que mano a des étagères ça doit être rangé sa chambre, non? lol
    bises à vous deux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pour le living-room tu peux pas avoir 2 ou 3 stagiaires pour peindre pendant que tu te prélasses dans ton canapé? ou mieux, avec en plus un massage qui t'enlèves les courbatures que tu as déjà pour que tu puisses te prélasser en les regardant bosser???
    que le jardin t'offre au centuple de tes efforts est mon souhait,bon coourage mme perceuse!

    ReplyDelete