The World of Wearable Art is quite an NZ phenomenon, I think there are exhibitions every year.
The game is to built clothing made of wearable material such as paper, wood, tin, feathers.
I did not write odwn the individual names, but below are some examples:
wood:
felt cloth:
woven flax:
unsure...
metal sheets:
wonder if this one was part of the theme where each garnment had to be flipped over to reveal another one. A bit like the concept of a reversible jacket. One greendress when pulled up reveal pea pods :-)
Our favorite:
Tinkerbell?
Side display: the March Hare
And the beautiful princess shoes
These costumes are displayed in real life during something like a "ballet". Some short extracts were shown and it is quite mesmerizing. If you are curious, take a visit there.
Absolutely fabulous. Creative art in a creative country. Definitely modern style. If I can say it, "wearable" is such a point of vue. Maybe in NY, or London, or why not in Tokyo, but in the parisian subway that would be somehow odd. Could you tell to Santa Claus (who must be living not so far from you, I'm this story of Rudolf is not exact, must be NZ sheep, Shaun's sort of) that I'm found of the princess shoes?
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, kiss to Mano and Big hug to U
(One time I should tell you about Decouflé, or other choregrapher whoses costum
Choregraphers as Decoufle, Gallota, and others have something in common whith this work. Must find you the "Dutch topinamburs' dance costumes I once saw in my collections at work...
ReplyDeleteKnew you'd like it. Know about Decoufle, but will check the others.
ReplyDeleteWill talk to Santa...
XX